The instances directing AELST are composed to :
- National congress: Supreme authority which takes place every 3 years, responsible for defining the orientations of the association and electing its leaders that occurs every three years,which is charged to define the orientation and elect directors
- National Council: Composed of 56 members elected by the Congress.
The national office which is an executive bureau elected by the national council from among its members at the national congress.
- Regional coordinators elected at the congress from among the members of the National Council.
The committee of experts whose members are elected from the members of the National Council at the congress.
- The Administrative and Financial Governance Committee, whose members are elected from the members of the National Council at the Congress.
- The offices of the 35 locals.
A technical department composed of a director, an administrative and financial manager, a communication and fundraising manager, and project managers.